Dreamcatcher

One of people I following on my twitter is Paulo Coelho, a great thinker and an excellent writer. I admire all of his writing, particularly his phenomenal book "The Alchemist". This early morning I wake from my sleep, feel a hurricane in my stomach, log on to my tweet and find he's tweeting "Follow your dreams and your dreams will follow you!". That's really awakening me from all of these comfort zone thing. I realize that I gradually begin forgetting my dream. Pity.

Back when I was a kid, I always want to be an army. I never know why, until now. I just remember that I always like watching them parade on national TV every morning with "Indonesia Raya" backsound. Looks very strong, brave, also cool. Then I follow every extracurricular which will ease me to pass the entrance exam of army forces. I liked it. Enjoyed it. And had a great experience inside. Till later I found out that I've been fooled by the government whose trying to create a good image of our country army forces. I still love to have an adventure experience, but I no longer want to be an army.

In hi school I dreaming about becoming scientist, researching about forests, trees, plants, and all of those flora things. Failed because I'm not too good in science lessons. Poor on math, and dumb on physics.. I even don't pass the entry exam for the major I desire. The only thing strengthen my goal is I love the smell of trees, I like cool air and the solitude of forest. I like being alone. Haha

I took broadcasting for my college major. I don't even know why I took it. It just looks cool. Silly things. Until I met one of my childhood friends on campus, and she said "You took broadcast? Oh no wonder, I remember that u always want to be announcer since we are kids". Ha? I'm forget that I ever want to be announcer. Yes, I ever dream about it too. Until someday I watched motivation show, I remembered the motivator says "Set your goals as high as you want, the first position on top. If you fail, at least you will be in second place. It's not bad at all". My another turning point. Since then I set my goal to becoming a film director. Because that's the highest position on broadcast planet. If I fail become a director, at least I'm on second place, the scriptwriter. I study hard, I read a lot, I attend every workshop I know, I took subject that will enriched me becoming a director. I plan this, plan that. I know I want to take another film short course, but I never take it until now. I don't even try to work on tv station now. Ironic.

I know a lot of brilliant people trapped in a place they don't belong to. Too bad they imprisoned by their comfort area. That's including me, except I'm not a brilliant one. If I'm brilliant, I would have been able to achieve one of my goal before, right? I want to pursuit every single dream of mine. I don't know when it will be reached. One thing I know, I will starting again to catch my dream. Because without dream, people like me will be nothing. (Quot from Andrea Hirata)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, inspired me too. I wonder why people always trapped at their conformt zone. Not only he/she is smarter or dumbass,,, but almost all off people has live in that way...

    just try to look around you, find people who can encourage you. Share with your friends who are already in their best track.

    i'm gonna miss u, sweetheart

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts